Thursday, July 29, 2010

Trust Your Instincts

This is my first blog, and unfortunately I have to talk about an incident that happened two nights ago when I first received a text from an unknown number. The message I received was "Hey so u give massages?" to which I replied "Yes...who is this?"
"I'm dan. What do u charge Hun?"
Okay, let me stop right here. Who calls someone they have never even met, Hun?? (First clue).
Conversation continues:
Me: $65;
Dan: "Cool. So tell me about your massage and types u do?"
At this point, I'm still trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Me: Who referred you?
Dan: "Internet"
I'm trying to determine where this guy is calling from, since the number is from the Fort Wayne area.
Me: "You up north?"
Dan: "By Castleton area."
Me: "I do basic Swedish and therapeutic."
Dan: "Ok I would like a softer massage FULL body."
(The emphasis on "FULL" raised another red flag.)
Me: "U might want to go someplace like felipe's."
Dan: "What's that?"
Me: "A spa in Castleton."
Dan: "They good? Why not come to u?"
(Trying to think of an excuse to ditch this guy.)
Me: "My massages might be too deep for you...they have several therapists there to choose from."
Dan: "I'd like to try u."
Me: "Ok...when? Want to make sure u understand my massages are strictly NON SEXUAL."
Dan: "I understand the other place do handjobs? Lol"
(I'm not LOL-ing!)
Me: "Uh.....no... :("
Dan: "Why sad face babe"
(Dan, you don't even know me and don't have the right to call me "babe." EWWW!)
Me: "Ok, I'm not comfortable with this conversation."
Dan: "I'm not sure what I said wrong. Sorry. Have a good night sorry I bothered u."
To all the "Dans" of the world listen up! If you want to hire a prostitute, call it like it is. You're the people that give legitimate massage therapists a bad rep.
Most of us are trying to run a practice that enables clients to de-stress, relax and be nurtured in a safe, loving environment. If not, then it's PROSTITUTION people!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful and serene blog! I love this ... Now, many people will 'love' it too - folks like "Dan." Don't be put off by him or people like him; you'll run into them in the 'real world' too; just brush it off and move on. Most people will realize this is a clean, legitimate, health-related business, and not the "other" kind. Follow my suggestion - seek out like minded bloggers who share the same passion and related business as you do. Follow them and ask them to follow you - talk to them and learn. Yes, it does take a lot of time, but you really have it. I started blogging in June 09. At first, I was obsessed - 2-3 posts/day. Now, maybe 3 a month because I have other writing ventures. But, I love it, and it has been therapeutic in itself. You can also share your blog posts with your facebook.
    Take your time, play with it, and enjoy! Great blog, my friend.

    ReplyDelete